POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : how do i simulate spilled water ? : Re: how do i simulate spilled water ? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:23:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: how do i simulate spilled water ?
From: Tom Melly
Date: 1 Dec 2003 10:52:30
Message: <3fcb63be$1@news.povray.org>
"pat" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.3fcb3585f292a20daa29390b0@news.povray.org...
> hello guys,

Hi Pat,

> i'd like to simulate water (or any other liquid) spilled on a plane.
> i thought i could make some flat cylinders and let them flow into another
> with
> the blob command, but now it looks more like pudding, because the blob
> changes the  y value too, and i now have some small hills flowing into each
> other. is there any better way to achieve this?
> i'd like to have something like a small lake, not many small drops (like
> from rain or so).

For a start, I'd take a look at Rune's blob-tutorial, which covers many of these
issues...

http://runevision.com/3d/blobs/

BTW lot's of other goodies at Rune's - check out:

particle system:
http://runevision.com/3d/include/particles/

and, if you've got the bandwidth, the following knock-yur-socks-off animation...
http://runevision.com/3d/anims/ws_spider.mpg